SERVICES Skilled Nursing
We provide skilled nursing care consists of services that must be performed by a Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) under supervision of an registered nurse. Skilled home health nursing care is the provision of intermittent skilled services to a patient in the home for the purpose of restoring and maintaining his or her maximal level of function and health. Nurses provide direct care; manage, observe and evaluate a patient’s care; and teach the patient and his or her family and caregiver. These services are rendered in lieu of hospitalization, confinement in an extended care facility, or going outside of the home for the service. Our goal is to provide skilled nursing care to help improve the patient’s condition or to maintain the patient’s condition and prevent it from getting worst.
Home Health plus provides skilled nursing care which includes but not limited to:
- Surgical and Ulcer Wound care with latest technology, including Wound Vacuum Therapy
- Diabetic teaching and Care
- Chronic disease management and education
- Medication Teaching and Monitoring
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) and Congestive heart failure (CHF) Care
- Cancer Treatment And Care
- Respiratory Care
- IV infusion and central line care
- Pain management, Nutritional Counseling and Fall Prevention
If you qualify, then all the skilled nursing care services mentioned above are covered by Medicare and many private insurance companies. Some of the examples of patients who qualify for skilled nursing care include, but not limited to:
- Patients who require intravenous and intramuscular injections
- Patients needing Foley catheter insertions
- Patients with pre-existing peripheral vascular or circulatory disease (needing observation for complications, pain management, teaching related to skin care, preservation of skin integrity, and prevention of skin breakdown)
- A patient who requires teaching related to illness or injury until they can demonstrate independence in their care.
- Patients in need of medication management which also requires a nursing assessment (such as blood pressures, pulses, respiratory assessment, blood sugars, oxygen saturations), monitoring of medication changes or physician consults.
For more information about our skilled nursing services please contact Home Health Plus @ (214) 341-6868 or email us @ email@example.com.